Friday, July 3, 2015

SSDC Class 2B Journey Part 6 (The End)

Here's the dates that I went to SSDC for revisions and assessments before going for my TP.

27/4/15 Monday - Circuit Revision
11/5/15 Monday - Practical Lesson 7 (Failed)
18/5/15 Monday - Practical Lesson 7 (Pass and booked the earliest test date which is on the 2nd July)
08/6/15 Monday - Circuit Revision
15/6/15 Monday - Circuit Revision
23/6/15 Tuesday - Road Revision
30/6/15 Tuesday - Road Revision

On 2/7/15 Thursday, I woke up at 5am and took the first bus 334 and took a MRT from Jurong East to SSDC. I arrived at Admiralty Station at 6.05am which is too early as the first shuttle bus will only arrived at 6.50am. Brought a bread and slowly eat at the bus stop while waiting. 

Reached SSDC at 7am, went up to level 5 straight away and there was already quite a few people there already. Quickly wore my elbow and knee guard and sat there patiently not knowing what will happen. Instructors came with a paper with our name and IC printed which we need to check against as our number is listed there. My number tag is 24.

Took my number tag and went down to the first level where all the bikes are located at. I was lucky as the first bike I saw was bike number 62, the same bike I used on 30/6/15 Tuesday for Road Revision. But I still did the checks on the bike before going for warm up round the circuit. I went for a few rounds and at 7.50am, we were asked to go the start point to parked our bikes according to our number tags and head straight to the briefing room for briefing.

Inside the briefing room, there is a instructor name Jimi Ng showed us a clip on where to check for our blind spots correctly twice. We stayed in the briefing room for almost an hour watching the clips and some talks about the test.

At 9.30am we were asked to out to the circuit for a number and IC call parade, we were split into 10 rows of 5 according to out number tags, I'm in row 5. Shortly, the testers came and we were asked to say our name and IC out to the testers but the tester in charge of row 5 was the last one to come out from the office. We were ask to go back to the office to wait again.

Inside the office instructor told us that number tag 1 to 10 will go out on the test now. We were lead out in groups of 5. While waiting, instructor Jimi Ng told us the procedures on what to do after we complete and pass the test. Soon, row 5 was called out for the test. Took my bike and got ready for the test but another instructor came running towards us and asked us if we needed to wear a raincoat as it started drizzling. I decided not too but suddenly the small drizzle became a heavy downpour which gave us no choice but to park our bike aside and run all the way up to level 5 to take a rain coat. Since I'm slow, I only gotten myself the top, the bottoms were all taken up by others. So I told myself screw it and get it over and done with. Getting wet or not doesn't seem to bother me much as I just wanted to faster complete my course and that's it.

Geared up and start my test. I can't go in details on how I did my course because at that point my mind was already in a blank state, all I could feel was my palms getting sweaty and adrenaline pumping. I relied on my muscle memory as so many rounds of practices and running through the circuit inside my mind, I think I can ride the circuit with my eyes closed :x
But at the plank, the instructor instead of using hand signal, he used a blinker light so I didn't dare to move until he signal the light the second time. I was given 2 points for this. 

I came back to the start point at around 10+am and returned the bike and number tag. We were given a break and was asked to go back to the briefing room at 11am for our results. After everyone has gathered in the room, everyone was talking loudly on how they did. I just sat there quietly texting LeBf and friends because I can't keep calm. 

11.15am, a tester came with a piece of result and call out a number. It's not mine. Batch by batch, number by number, my batch was the last one. In the end no tester came out, a instructor came in and ask us, "eh your tester never come out ley, scared or not?" ._. In the end my batch, everyone pass!

We have to watch a video on accident to scare us into safe riding and recite a safety rider pledge. And then we were lead up to level 3 to make payments for our Express-way Familiarization Ride which cost $36.38.

At 1pm, everyone gathered at level 5 wearing our elbow and knee guards one last time for our EFR. First time hitting 90km/h is very exhilarating. You can feel the bike shaking and vibrating like mad and cars zooming pass by you. A feeling I don't know how to describe in words. We came back to the school at 2+pm which is quite early as most of the instructors were fasting. Quickly packed up my stuff and convert my license at level 1. Didn't need to pay a single cent for it as I already have my drivers licence. Do take note that they only accept card payments, no cash. The last time a white lady helped me pay with her card and I paid her back in cash. And I returned the favour when a guy who took his riding test only have cash with him. (Good Karma)
20150703_095142
Mission accomplished!
In total I spent $976.48 trying to get my license, but it also depends how how many lessons and revisions a person go.

And maybe I should go try class 4 if I'm free :p

Here's my results.
20150703_095556
20150703_095642
20150703_095655
20150703_095713
Now I'm awaiting my next adventure.
20150702_185116

3 comments:

chongbin said...

Hi thanks for your blog I have passed my class 2B lesson at SSDC haha. Keep it up for your work & future. You just gain one follower haha.

Anonymous said...

I know you got your 2B license sometimes ago. just curious to ask why you will stop @ BBDC then start again with SSDC? what the diff btw BBDC n SSDC?

♥Huimin♥ said...

@chongbin: Thank you! Did you get a a motorcycle already?

@Anonymous:I took my class 3 in BBDC, so generally I sort of knew and interacted with the instructors. Which caused me to be quite complacent when it comes to learning. So I ended up repeating multiple times over and over again. This ultimately leads me to get tired and I simply gave up. A year later, I still wanted to ride a motorcycle badly, and my then job was at Woodlands. Viola, SSDC it is again. Surprisingly I was able to learn better as there was a proper teach "system". Hope it answers your curiosity (: