Monday, March 2, 2015

Hong Kong'14: Day 1

I reach Singapore on 19th November and on 22 November I embarked on another trip to Hong Kong. Didn't even have much time to unpack my luggage from Korea as I still need to work the very next day. But you know, #yolo mah :x

I went to Hong Kong with my colleagues again, I guess all of us aren't sick of each other :p
Just joking!

Since it was a midnight flight, being a cheapo I decided to work just before flying off. Many thanks to our manager Henry and boyfriend for sending us to the airport. 
Brought the tickets during the buy 1 get 1 free promotion, paid only $200+ Sgd a person for the flights.
At the departure hall waiting for the plane. Make a few phone calls to Lebf, and feeling very guilty and bad...He is serving the nation and the girlfriend abandon him for almost 3 weeks.
Arrived at Hong Kong safely around 7am+, there is no time difference so the time is same in Singapore which came as a surprise to me. 
#山龟mode
Took some flyers and a map of Hong Kong. 
Hong Kong is made up of islands connecting to each other but some of the places reminded me of Singapore a lot. Kind of home sick.
We took bus A21 from the airport to our hotel, the journey is around 30+ mins to the city.
This is how the bus looks like.
The bus even have wifi!
#山龟mode again!
Reached Mongkok area and missed our stop so we needed to walk but the distance is bearable as its quite near.
Our hotel :p
Here's the hotel lobby.

Our check in time is 3pm but we reach around 8+am so no choice we have to leave our bags at the hotel and start our journey.
In Hong Kong many of the buildings you will see bamboo sticks like this. They are very stable despite how fragile they look. 7-ll is just opposite out hotel lobby which is a bonus! Brought our traveler sim card from there around 60+ HKD.
I forgot to mention our hotel is just a stone throw away from Yau Ma Tei station!
Had our breakfast at a "Cha Chan Teng" which is also opposite our hotel.
Typical Hong Kong street littered with signboards everywhere.
There was some protest going on against the HK government at that time but most of the time they are peaceful, why I say they are only most of the time? I will let you know again in my other post. 
While walking, I say a A7X poster which reminded me there was a concert going on :x 
All the walking makes us tired so we had a rest and some snacks at the famous "Xu Liu Shan".
Since it is famous the food must be good right...
The food is expensive and disgusting :x Plus the service you get from most people in HK is quite shitty. They shout, shove and shoo you...Wtf right...
Tried to go Sino Center to get my things but they aren't open.
Most shops open during the late noon.
Why ah? 
Spotted one cute looking ice-cream truck.
Here is how our hotel room looks like...
Actually this is Jane's room :x
But ours looks the same la...Heehee.
This is ours (:
They look the exactly the same.
Finally no longer have to share a bed with someone :p
View from our room.

Most of us are quite exhausted from the flight and our morning walk about so we agreed to rest and meet during evening time.

By the time most of us got ready it's already dinner time and we are all hungry.
We ate at one of the "Shao La Dian", I swear the "char siew" taste like heaven! 
No Joke!
After our dinner some of us decided to go Temple street but I don't really feel like shopping because all that is in my head is buy MANGA and Figurines!
#otakualert

Walked to Sino Center again and this time there was a crowed and most of the stores are open. I realised this is place I spend most of my time in Hong Kong, I kept going back.

Maybe because the hotel is near :x
Hauls of the day, didn't buy many things as I'm also on a tight budget.
Managed to buy Trunks figurine, couldn't find Bulma's...
Better than nothing right.
After putting our shopping hauls in the hotel room, me and Weiling agree that it's still early to rest of we decided to go "Lan Kwai Fong". Took the metro to Central station.
Upon reaching, me and Weiling instantly regret going there as there's so many drunk rowdy foreigners. We left the place via taxi and head back to the hotel. The fare was surprisingly cheap, cost around 20+ SGD.

Thus ending my day 1 post in Hong Kong!

No comments: