Thursday, December 18, 2014

Korea/Jeju: Day 0 and Day 1 Part 1

House is under going some renovations so I didn't had any spare time to update. 
Because there are so many pictures, I will be breaking my entries into days/parts...Maybe it will take me weeks/months to finish updating everything but it also depends on my schedule and laziness.

On 12th November 2014 Wednesday I took a flight to South Korea for the first time with my colleagues and friends. Proud to say it is my first time to that country and all itineraries were planned by me single handedly, aka become the "tour guide" for everyone :x
I must credit Google :p
Without it I don't think can survive until now!
Travel essentials for me.
1) Passport (YOUDONTSAY)
2) A good pair of walking shoes 
3) A backpack 
Our flight was a overnight flight, supposed to depart on 11pm but I realised Asiana always delay their flight as if they don't know how to read time. 
6 hours later we arrive at Seoul Incheon Airport and we had to take the Airport Railroad to Gimpo station as we need to go Gimpo Domestic airport to take a transit flight to Jeju Island. We purchased a 1 way ticket, sadly I can't remember how much it cost per ticket but there's a 500won deposit.
Interesting thing about the metro in Korea is that the seats are heated due to winter season.
Accidentally burned my ass a few times until I had to place my jacket underneath my ass. I was thinking the whole time that it's not that cold why must they heat up the seats?
You can still see me wearing just a T-shirt only...

HAH!

I can only say I'm still a mountain tortoise from a Summer Island that never experience true Winter before this trip. 
There's a express train which travels directly to Seoul station without stopping so be careful not to board the wrong ones. 
Boarding time is 9.45am but we were still at the check-in counter at 9.15am...
There were simply too many people and Koreans can get a bit annoying, they like to nudge you or tsk'ed you...
After a total of almost 12 hours we had arrive at Jeju Island safely!

Before we travel to Jeju island, I had book a driver in advance as Jeju doesn't have its own metro and without a car it can get very inconvenient. After all we are traveling in a big group of 13 people.

Initaly we wanted to book a car and self drive but in korea all cars are left hand drive 
._.

Overall I think my driver is quite ok, he help us purchased entrance tickets but paid by us. and he let me do all the planning and give suggestions.

Mr Han's daily rate of 300,000won a day (8 hours) for 13 people. He can be contacted by email: lh2eon@naver.com
They hotel we are staying in Jeju
Jeju Hotel Fourseasons
Cheap.Clean.Spacious and free daily breakfast.

We can only check in after 3pm but we arrived at 12+ so we left our luggages in the hotel and went  out for our adventures!

Will be posting a part 2 of Day 1 asap when I have time.

No comments: